Razer Blade 15” Base (2020) | RZ09-0328x Support
How does the new Blade 15 differ from the past model?
We kept our award-winning world’s smallest 15-inch gaming laptop design as a foundation and took performance to the next level. This Razer Blade 15” (2020) – Base Model | RZ09-03286 | RZ09-03287 | RZ09-03289 is a beast with the new 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor that goes up to 8-Cores and up to 5.1GHZ boost. For graphics, we are leveraging a wide range of options from NVIDIA that goes all the way up to an RTX 2080 SUPER.
All this performance pushes more frames than ever. We combine the performance with an ultra-smooth 300Hz display. This display is not only fast but also has amazing colors with 100% sRGB color space. Every Blade 15 display is individually tested and calibrated to ensure accuracy and visual quality.
Full Technical Specifications
Select Model Variant:
- GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti – Black
- GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti – Quartz Pink
- GeForce RTX™ 2060
- GeForce RTX™ 2070 – Black
- GeForce RTX™ 2070 – Mercury White
- 144Hz Full HD
|Operating System||Windows® 10 Home (64-bit)|
|Processor||10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H processor 6 Cores / 12 Threads, 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz (Base / Max Turbo), 12 MB Cache|
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB GDDR6 VRAM)
15.6″ Full HD 144 Hz, 100% sRGB, 4.9 mm bezel, factory calibrated
256 GB SSD (M.2 NVMe), Open M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 Slot
|Expandable to up to 4TB SSD|
|Memory||16 GB dual-channel DDR4-2933 MHz (8G B x 2)|
|Expandable to 64 GB|
|Keyboard||Single-zone RGB Powered by Razer Chroma™ anti-ghosting keyboard|
|Touchpad||Glass touchpad (Microsoft Precision Touchpad)|
|Connectivity||Intel® Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5|
|Webcam||Built-in HD webcam (1 MP / 720p)|
|Input & Output||2x USB 3.1|
|Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)|
|HDMI 2.0 audio and video output|
|USB-C 3.2 Gen 2|
|Audio||Built-in stereo speakers|
|3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port|
|Built-in Array microphone|
|Dolby® Atmos support|
|7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)|
|Additional Features||Razer Synapse 3 programmable keyboard|
|Kensington™ Security Slot|
|Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) security embedded|
Anodized Black, backlit green Razer logo
|Approx. Dimensions (H x D x W)||0.78 in x 9.25 in x 13.98 in / 19.9 mm x 235 mm x 355 mm|
4.6 lbs / 2.09 kg
How to keep the Razer Blade at optimal temperature while gaming
If your Razer Blade suddenly stops responding, turns off unexpectedly, or its fan is excessively noisy, your Razer Blade could be running beyond its optimal temperature.
Here is the video on how to keep the Razer Blade at optimal temperature while gaming.
For more detailed instructions on how to keep the Razer Blade at optimal temperature …read more
What should I do to maintain the power adapter’s good condition and extend its life span?
To keep your power adapter in good condition and extend its life span, check this guide.
Updating Microsoft OS
It is important to keep your Microsoft OS updated to ensure that you can receive the latest software updates for your system.
Follow the steps below to check for updates on your Windows 10 Razer Blade.
- Click the “Start” button, and then go to “Settings”.
- Select “Update & Security”.
- Select “Windows Update”, and click “Check for updates”.
Your system should automatically prompt you of any missing update or if the device is currently up to date.
BIOS error message during installation
When downloading the proper BIOS firmware updater for your Razer Blade laptops, you may run into the following issue when installing: “This firmware tool is for use only with Blade and compatible systems. This application will now close.”
The issue is related to the product code of some devices, found in the BIOS. The firmware is correct, but may not install because the product code embedded in the BIOS does not match the firmware updater.
This is because the firmware houses a list of applicable product codes so that it knows which units to allow itself to install on. If the product code in the BIOS of the laptop does not match that of the updater’s list of approved devices, it will return an error to the user.
Display error on Razer laptops when using GPU-intensive programs or games
If you experience image issues or the display driver stops working when playing GPU-intensive applications, programs or games, follow the steps below to resolve the problem:
- Restart the device and test if the issue is still present after the reboot.
- Ensure that you have updated to the latest version of Windows.
- Make sure your graphics driver is up to date:
- Intel Graphics driver for Blade Stealth
- NVIDIA Graphics driver for Blade Stealth, Blade and Blade ProNote: Choose the appropriate graphics card for your Razer Blade 15 model.
- Check if the issue persists on all games or on a specific game.
- If the issue only occurs on a certain application or game, the issue may be caused by the game itself.
- Make sure the device specifications fit the system requirements of the game or application.
- Attempt to reinstall the game or application.
- If the issue persists, check if this is a common issue with other owners of the same game or application to see if a fix is available on their end.
- Restart the device and test if the issue is still present after the reboot.
- Adjust your screen resolution to match the screen resolution of the game or application.
- If the issue is still present, attempt to reinstall the updated graphics driver and test the device again to eliminate the possibility of a corrupt installation.
- If the steps above did not resolve the issue attempt to perform a system recovery or factory reset.
Software & Downloads
Where can I find the latest drivers for my Razer Blade 15?
To enhance the user experience, drivers for your Razer laptop are available through Windows Updates. Simply navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select “Check for updates” to ensure that you have the latest drivers installed on your Razer Blade laptop.
Where can I get information on MS Windows update and end-of-support info?
All our Razer Blade models operate using Windows operating systems. Any updates, upgrades, and changes to Windows servicing and support come directly from Microsoft Corporation.
- Check out the Windows product lifecycle page to know more.
- Check out the Windows IT Pro Blog to find out more about Windows changes to Office and Windows servicing and support.
Will I overcharge my battery if I leave it plugged in even when it is at 100%?
The Razer Blade series uses a lithium-ion (Li-On) polymer battery. Though this is not exactly a Windows feature, overcharging Li-ion batteries is not a problem and does not affect the battery life span. The Blade laptops have an internal circuit to stop charging at full charge to avoid overcharging and will only start recharging when the battery hits 95%.
How can I extend the battery life of my Razer Blade when on-the-go?
Most of the battery improvement options are part of the Windows OS. Follow the following tips below to extend the battery life of your Razer Blade when on-the-go:
- Temporarily turn off the keyboard backlighting
- Try dimming the screen brightness
- Check the “Battery Saver” settings for the most effective means of conserving battery when on-the-go.
- The battery life may be extended further by turning down the display brightness, adjusting the power settings in Windows Setting > System > Battery and adjust the power configuration to your liking.
- Changing the performance mode in Synapse 3
- Close applications when not in use.
- Dim or turn off the keyboard lighting.
Can I use third-party power adapters with the Razer Blade?
We only recommend using Razer power supplies with the Razer Blade. Third-party adapters have not been tested to meet our standards and may lead to damage to the System. You can purchase replacement or spare 230 W AC adapters from the RazerStore.
Razer Blade 15” Base (2020) BIOS Updater | RZ09-03286, RZ09-03287, RZ09-03289
BIOS update 1.06
- https://rzr.to/ADa3r | June 26, 2020
- Fix system hang during reboot after setting “Core Isolation > Memory Integrity” to “ON”.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
Before you start:
- Ensure you have installed all the latest Microsoft® Windows Operating Systems and Security Updates.To help verify that your OS is up to date, refer to the following article from Microsoft.
- Ensure your Blade is plugged into a wall outlet and not running on battery alone before proceeding.
- Save any open documents on your computer and close all other programs before attempting this update.
- Download the latest Razer Updater from the link above.
- The Razer Updater will automatically download to your default download destination (this should be the “Downloads” folder unless changed manually).Note: Be advised that during the update process of your Razer Blade you will not be able to interact or save other applications’ progress. As such, it is strongly advised that you save your progress and close all other applications or programs before launching the Razer Updater and updating the system.
- Click on RazerUpdater_ to begin the update processNote: Filename on actual updater may be different from what is shown below.
4. The User Account Control window may pop up to confirm changes that will be made by the application. Click “Yes” to allow the RazerUpdater_ application to launch.
5. The Blade Updater window will appear with details regarding your current BIOS version and what version your Blade will be updated to.
Note: Your updater’s version may be different from what is shown below. Also, If your Blade does not need an update, the updater will not proceed from this point.
6. Click “UPDATE” to initiate the update process of your Blade.
7. A progress bar will appear indicating the status and progression of the installation process. During the install process, you will not be able to access other applications.
8. Once the progress bar reaches 100% completion, your Razer Blade will restart automatically. No further action or steps are required after the progress bar reaches 100%. Once your Blade has restarted, your system will be updated.
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (English) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (German) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Spanish) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Japanese) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Korean) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Portuguese-Brazil) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Russian) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (French) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Traditional Chinese) – Download
Razer Blade 15″ (2020) | RZ09-0328x Manual (Simplified Chinese) – Download