Plantronics, a great audio electronics company headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, made a big hit on consumer’s multi-function headset market with Voyager Legend. It received a very large amount of positive reviews from its users, so the fans regard its “Legend” name more of a real title than just an ordinary name. Later, the manufacturer produced an upgraded version named Voyager Edge. The sequel received a few buffs on several aspects, but also with an increment of the price. We are going to see whether Voyager Edge provides better worth than Voyager Legend or not.
Both models are wireless Bluetooth headsets with bunches of features. They are compatible across gadgets, able to work in integration with iPhone, Android, as well as other leading smartphones. At first, Plantronics Voyager Legend is armed with Bluetooth 3.0, but now it is produced with Bluetooth 4.0 just like Plantronics Voyager Edge. The key functionalities like Smart Sensor and Voice Recognition are present in both models. The device can automatically detect if they are being worn or not to decide whether they should take calls and notifications from your phone. You can also answer calls trouble-free by simply commanding the device using your words.
Plantronics Voyager Edge has one added feature, which is NFC pairing. It also differs from Plantronics Voyager Legend on its charging port. It does not use proprietary magnetic charging port anymore. Instead, it uses the universal Micro-USB. However, strangely enough, the Edge has shorter battery life than the Legend. The talk time is only 6 hours, or 16 hours with the charging case. As a comparison, the Legend’s is 7 hours or 21 hours with the charging case.
Plantronics Voyager Legend Vs Edge
|Plantronics Voyager Legend||Plantronics Voyager Edge|
|Key features||– Smart Sensor Technology: Our Technology Senses When the Headset Is Being Worn so It Can Automatically Answer Calls as You Place the Headset on Your Ear or Redirect Audio to Your Phone When You Set down Your Headset
– Voice Recognition: Manage Calls Hands Free Without Pressing Buttons Through Plantronics Voice Recognition Technology, Just Say Answer or Ignore
– Noise Cancelling Technology: Our Triple Mic Technology Cancels Background Noise and Wind and Can Separate Your Voice from 80 Db’s of Background Noise
– Water Resistant: P2i Nano-coating Technology Will Protect This Bluetooth Headset from Rain, Sweat, and Coffee Spills so You Can Wear the Headset in the Office or at the Gym
|– Signature Plantronics audio technology coupled with enhanced voice clarity through Bluetooth 4.0 and wideband audio support.
– Our technology senses when the headset is being worn so it can automatically answer calls as you place the headset on your ear or redirect audio to your phone when you set down your headset.
– Manage calls hands free without pressing buttons through Plantronics voice recognition technology, just say Answer or Ignore.
– The app will locate your headset through your iPhone, iPad, Android, or other smart device by sending a tone so you can hear where it is hiding.
– Three optional eartips; small, medium, and large, for the most comfortable fit in either ear.
|Customer Rating||4.1 out of 5.0 stars||3.8 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save 41%
please click here
please click here
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The addition to Voyager Edge is most probably little for real life usage. Therefore, the winner here is Voyager Legend – lower price, better battery longevity, excellent performance.