Realme has released the first smartphone under their new V-series lineup. The Realme V5 comes with 5G connectivity which is becoming a trend in the industry despite the network not readily available on a global scale. At the time of writing this post, it is the cheapest smartphone with a 5G network. Without further ado, this is the Realme V5 5G specs, features and price review.
OPPO Realme V5 5G Key Specs
- 6.5″ IPS LCD display
- Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0)
- Dimensity 720 chipset
- Octa-core 2.0 GHz processor
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP main camera
- 16MP selfie camera
- 6/128GB, 8/128GB
- 5,000 mAh battery capacity
Design and Display
There aren’t too many mid-rangers in the market with a better body build than this device. The back panel of the Realme phone is made of glass with a matte and glossy finish. It features a rectangular shaped module with the four cameras arranged in an “L” shape and Realme brand name. The Silver body colour has a big Realme brand name on its back. While the other two colour options – Green and Blue, has a small Realme brand name.
On the right-hand side of the device is the fingerprint reader, which also doubles/acts as the power button. Moving to the left-hand side, you’ll see the SIM Card slot and volume up and down buttons. With a thickness measurement of 9.1mm, the Realme V5 5G isn’t that sleek and weighs 194 grams.
The 5G smartphone packs a punch-hole 6.5″ LCD display with 20:9 aspect ratio. The display features 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution, 180 Hz touch sampling rate and 90 Hz refresh rate.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood is MediaTek Dimensity 720 chipset built on a 7nm manufacturing process tech. It features two Cortex-A76 cores and six Cortex-A55 cores and a clock speed of 2 GHz. Handling the graphics settings is the Mali-G57 MC3 GPU. The 5G connectivity which supports sub-6 GHz standard works on both NSA and SA networks. The phone has a feature called “Smart 5G” which switches automatically between 5G and LTE and vice versa when necessary in order to provide smooth online experience and to save battery life.
There are two options in terms of memory configuration – 6/128GB and 8/128GB. You’ll have to rely on the hybrid slot (microSD/SIM slot) to get you additional storage but will give up on using two SIMs. Running inside the Realme phone is the company’s UI 1.0 custom skin with Android 10 OS.
This is the first Realme smartphone to sport four cameras at the back – a 48MP f/1.8 main lens, an 8MP ultrawide lens with 119° Field of View, a 2MP macro lens with 4cm focus and a 2MP depth lens for portrait mode. This camera setup is capable of recording 4K resolution videos at 30 fps. For selfies, it sports a 16MP f/2.1 camera with HDR.
Providing life to the Realme V5 5G is a non-removable Li-Po 5,000 mAh battery capacity. The phone supports 30W fast charging via USB-C port which goes from 0-100% within 65 minutes according to Realme.
OPPO Realme V5 5G Complete Specs
- Announced: August 2020
- Status: August 2020
Design [ Build Factor], Display and Colour Options
- Dimension: Height- 162.1mm * Width- 75mm * Thickness- 9.1mm
- Weight: 194 grams
- Build Quality: –
- Screen Display Type: IPS LCD
- Screen Size: 6.5″
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400
- Aspect Ratio: 20:9
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Notch: No
- Multi-touch screen: Yes
- Colour Options: Blue, Green, Silver
Operating System and Memory
- Operating System: Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0)
- Chipset: Dimensity 720 5G (7nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes
Rear and Front Camera Rating
- Rear Camera Sensor: 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP
- Selfie Camera Sensor: 16MP
- Camera Features: HDR, panorama, gyro-EIS, PDAF, LED flash
- Video Recording: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps
Wireless Network Bands and Connectivity Options
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- 5G Network Bands: 1, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- 4G Network Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G 2.3 Gbps DL
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- FM Radio: –
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: –
Sound Quality and Multimedia Support
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Bottom Placement
- Sound Enhancement Features: Yes
- Audio Jack Type: Yes, 3.5mm audio jack
- Video Support Formats: H.264 (Baseline / Main / High profile), MPEG4 (Simple profile / ASP) and other video formats
- Audio Support formats: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, APE, WAV
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5,000 mAh
- Wireless Charging: NO
- Fast Charging: 30W
- Fingerprint Sensor (side-mounted), Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
Realme V5 5G Price and Availability
The Realme V5 5G will be available from August 7 with pre-orders already ongoing on their Chinese website. The base (6/128GB) model costs CNY1,499/$215/€182 while the 8/128G goes for CNY1,899/$270/€230.