HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Owner’s Manual
For multiplayers and multitaskers
The thin and powerful HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop lets you experience high-grade graphics and processing power that meets your gaming and multitasking needs.
- Power your day. Power your play. Take on anything and everything with an Intel® Core™ processor and NVIDIA® GeForce graphics. A high resolution display with fast refresh rate delivers smooth gameplay visuals, while also bringing entertainment and content to life.
- Game harder for longer: The HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop is equipped with a dual fan system for enhanced thermal cooling. Wide rear corner vents and additional air inlets maximize airflow to optimize your overall performance and stability, keeping the machine cool during extended usage.
- Bold, immersive design: Get lost in the game. A sleek narrow bezel display provides a maximum viewing experience while the front-firing speakers with Audio by B&O deliver powerful, custom-tuned sound.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home(1)
- Processor: 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10300H(2b)
- Display: 17.3-inch diagonal FHD, IPS, anti-glare, WLED-backlit(39)
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
- Internal storage: 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD(15)(58b)
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)(13)
- Sound: Audio by B&O with dual speakers
- Battery life:
Up to 8 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage)(70)
Up to 7 hours and 15 minutes (video playback)(75)
Up to 6 hours and 15 minutes (wireless streaming)(80)
- Wireless: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2×2)(19e) and Bluetooth® 5 combo(26) (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)(7)
- Camera: HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone(89)
- Product weight: 6.07 lb(76)
- Keyboard: Full-size, island-style, acid green backlit, shadow black keyboard with numeric keypad
- Windows 10 Home: Do great things confidently with the familiar feel of Windows – only better.(1)
- NVIDIA® GTX 1650 graphics: Power your graphics interactions with best-in-class performance. Stream and game smoothly with NVIDIA GeForce Experience and GameReady.
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processor: Take mobile gaming and content creation to the next-level with breakthrough performance, fast downloads and smooth streaming.
- Advanced thermal management: Optimized thermal design and IR sensor keeps your laptop cool to touch, without affecting acoustics.
- Sleek design: Easily take this thin and light PC from room to room or on the road.
- Narrow bezel display: The narrow bezel optimizes your display by letting a larger screen fit into a smaller frame.
- Full HD display: 2 million pixels for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality.(39)
- PCIe® NVMe™ SSD storage: Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.(58b)
- DDR4 RAM: With its higher bandwidth, everything from multi-tasking to playing games gets a performance boost.
Additional product features
- Effortlessly connected: Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2×2) and Bluetooth® 5.0 combo, all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5.(19e)(19f)(26)
- Gigabit Wi-Fi: Ultra-fast Wi-Fi supporting gigabit speeds.(7)(19a)
- MU-MIMO supported: Pair with a MU-MIMO router for a smoother online experience in multi-device homes.
- HP Wide Vision HD Camera: 88-degree, wide-angle field of view for video chats with the whole family.(89)
- Backlit keyboard with integrated numeric pad: Keep going comfortably even in darker environments.
- McAfee LiveSafe™: Protect your operating system with a free 30-day McAfee LiveSafe™ trial.(8)
Energy efficiency your way
HP is committed to global citizenship and environmental responsibility. Do the environment—and your wallet—a favor when you use the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop that meets strict energy-efficiency and helps reduce your carbon footprint.
- ENERGY STAR® certified(62)
- EPEAT® Silver registered(27)
- Low Halogen(61)
- Mercury-free display backlights
- Arsenic-free display glass
Warranty and support
Our Customer Support Team consistently provides quick, responsive assistance in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
- Included with your product: HP’s Hardware Limited Warranty: Full warranty details are included with your product.
- Technical Support for Software & initial set-up: Warranty details are included with your product. Support Options:
- HP Support Assistant – HPSA: Optimized to enhance your support experience. Help for your PC and HP printers whenever you need it.(56)
- Online Support: For technical support with this product, visit HP Customer Support http:// support.hp.com.(9)
- Social Media Support: To find solutions, ask questions, and share tips, join us on the HP Support Community at community.hp.com, on Twitter at twitter.com/HPSupport, and Facebook at facebook.com/HPSupport.(9) Extend your coverage:
- SmartFriend, part of HP Care: Experts are available 24/7 to handle any tech issue, on any device, from any brand. Visit www.hp.com/go/smartfriend to learn more or call toll-free 1-844-814-1800 to get started.(95)
- Care Packs, part of HP Care: Extend protection beyond the standard limited warranty. For more info, visit www.hp.com/go/carepack-services or call toll-free at 1-877-232-8009.(83)
|Accessible memory slots||
|Finish and features||
|Screen to body ratio||
|Network card||• Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE|
|External notebook ports||
| Warranty and
|HP help and support||
|Books, music, photos and videos||
|Productivity and tools||
| Security and
|Ad embargo date||
|UPC Code||• 194850528774|
|Country of origin||
|Battery regulatory data||
Learn more at hp.com
(1) Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com (2b) Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance. Intel, Pentium, Intel Core, Celeron, Intel logo and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. (2g) Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information. GHz refers to internal clock speed of the processor. Other factors besides clock speed may impact system and application performance. (7) Wi-Fi supporting gigabit speeds is achievable when transferring files between two devices connected to the same router. Requires a wireless router, sold separately, that supports 160MHz channels. (8) Internet access required and not included. Subscription required after 30 days trial
images. (40) Percent of active plus nonactive viewing area to active viewing area plus border. Measure with lid vertical to the desk. (42) USB Type-C® and USB-C® are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum. (50) DisplayPort™ and the DisplayPort™ logo are trademarks owned by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) in the United States and other countries. (53) Call 1.800.474.6836 or www.support.hp.com for more information on Care Packs available after 90 days. After 90 days, an incident fee may apply. (56) For more information visit http://www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant. (Link will vary outside of the U.S.) HP Support Assistant is only available
on Windows-based PCs. Internet connection required for updating and connecting to HP Support. (58b) Based on HP internal testing using CrystalDiskMark benchmarking software. Performance is sequentially faster (read only) compared to traditional 5,400 rpm HDD. (61) External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen. (62) ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. (70) Windows 10 MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration,
loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See https://bapco.com/products/ mobilemark-2014/ for additional details. (75) Battery life tested by HP using continuous FHD video playback, 1080p (1920×1080) resolution, 150 nits brightness, system audio level at 17%, player audio level at 100%, played full-screen from local storage, headphone attached, wireless on but not connected. Actual battery life will vary depending on configuration and maximum capacity will naturally decrease with time and usage. (76) Weight and system dimensions may fluctuate due to configuration and manufacturing variances. (80) Battery life tested by HP using continuous Netflix video playback, Windows 10 Netflix app, 150 nits brightness, system
audio level 17%, headphone attached, played full-screen, wireless on. Actual battery life will vary depending on configuration and maximum capacity will naturally decrease with time and usage. (83) Service levels and response times for Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location. Restrictions and limitations apply. Service starts at date of hardware purchase. HP Care Packs are sold separately. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/carepack-services. (89) Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Internet service required and not included. (95) HP SmartFriend will support any major brand of computer and tablet running Microsoft Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, and Chrome OS. 24×7 support is available in English and in the US & Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) only. Service availability
varies by country/region. Internet connection required for remote support. Remote support not available for tablets. Not all service plans cover support for tablets. HP SmartFriend sold separately or as an add-on feature. Actual product may vary from image shown on datasheet. © Copyright 2020 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing shall be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. 04/17/2020_r1 kc