Xiaomi Mi3 gone viral since after the launch, not only affected stable smartphones market but set-up new range level of smartphone specifications under budget. Users from China and India appreciated this device a lot and made this one of the best Android smartphone to come under budget. Xiaomi Mi3 runs MIUI(Minimulatic UI) rather than stock Android KitKat ROM that also is an advantage of this device of being popular among users.
Here we have something interesting ROM that lets you utilize your device more than you do with the pre installed MIUI. Here you go through the steps that allows you how to install CyanogenMod 11 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 easily to optimize your device’s performance, lightweight UI, automatic memory management and more. CM 11 is world’s trusted ROM available for unlocked android users. So if you have already rooted/unlocked your Xiaomi Mi3 then easily flash this ROM.
See Also: How to root/unlock Xiaomi Mi3, simple and working guide
- Rooting/Unlocking and installing any custom ROM is not an authorized process, it will void your warranty benefits over your smartphone.
- There are certain risks of damaging your device while doing this. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Things to be Done
- Download and install proper USB drive, you might use Samsung Kies.
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
How to install CyanogenMod 11 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3
- First of all you need to install CWM custom recovery on your device, so download CWM Recovery from here and copy it to your device’s SD card.
- Now go to Setting>Updater or Open Updater App from homescreen and Press menu button and then “Select update package”. Select the recovery zip and install it. Reboot device.
- Now Download Download the CM 11 ROM for Mi 3 here on your PC
- Again Download GoogleApps for Xiaomi Mi3
- Now copy both these files to your device’s SD card, try not to put inside any folder.
- Reboot your phone into CWM Recovery(Go to Tools > Updater > press Menu key and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’)
- Here you will get an option to create backup of all your important data to your SD card.
- Now go back to recovery main menu, Select ‘Wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm to wipe. Select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and confirm.
- Again go back to the menu and select ‘Install zip’. Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and select the CM 11 ROM File you have just copied and flash it.
- Once after flashing the CM11 ROM, you need to flash GoogleApps as well, so again select ‘Install zip’. Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and select the GoogleApps zip File you have just copied and flash it.
- Now go back to the recovery mode and perform a Wipe data/ factory reset and Wipe cache again. Go to Advanced and ‘wipe dalvik cache’ too.
- Reboot your device by selecting Reboot System Now option from recovery mode.
That’s it, you Xiaomi Mi3 now running CyanogenMod 11.