Blue Screen of Death errors can cause many problems on Windows 10, and unfortunately these types of errors can be sometimes hard to fix.
Since these issues can be problematic, and today we’re going to show you how to fix the Blue Screen of Death problem with the stop code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR.
The PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR is a blue screen issue and it can cause a lot of issues on your PC. This problem can be rather annoying since it will force your PC to suddenly restart.
Speaking of this failure, users reported the following problems:
- Problem with PNP devices Windows 10 – There are many problems with PNP devices that can occur, but if you encounter any of issues, be sure to try some of our solutions
- PNP blue screen – PNP error will always show a blue screen and force your PC to crash; this is most likely caused by your drivers so be sure to update them
- BSoD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR – This is a BSoD error, and like many other BSoD errors, it can be hard to solve; however, this issue is often caused by software and driver issues, so you might want to remove certain applications and check if that helps
- PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Norton, ntoskrnl.exe – Many users reported that Norton antivirus caused this issue on their PC; if that’s the case, remove Norton from your PC and install a different antivirus instead
- PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR after Windows update – Sometimes you can encounter this error message after a Windows update; if that’s the case, you need to find and remove the problematic update from your PC and check if that solves the problem
How do I fix the PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR?
1. Use a repair tool
BSoD errors are hard to troubleshoot manually. Fortunately, there is a tool dedicated to find the cause and possible solution to computer errors, including blue screens.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Update Windows 10
- Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Now click the Check for updates button.
Windows will now scan for available updates and download them automatically in the background. Once the updates are downloaded, they’ll be installed as soon as you restart your PC.
Once your system is up to date, check if the error message still appears. Blue Screen of Death errors are usually caused by hardware or software compatibility issues.
In order to fix these issues and prevent the PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR from appearing it’s important that you keep Windows 10 up to date.
Just like any other operating system, Windows 10 has some issues with certain hardware or software, and those issues can cause BSoD errors to appear.
Microsoft is working hard on fixing these issues and in order to prevent Blue Screen of Death errors from appearing we strongly advise you to download the latest patches by using Windows Update.
Many of these patches address security and compatibility issues, therefore if you wish your PC to be stable and free from errors be sure to download the latest patches.
Windows 10 usually installs the missing updates automatically, but sometimes you might miss an important update due to certain bugs.
Windows Update not working in Windows 10? Don’t worry, use our dedicated guide in order to resolve the issue!
3. Remove your antivirus
Antivirus is crucial for system safety, but sometimes your antivirus software can cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear.
According to users, PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR error is often caused by your antivirus, and in order to fix this problem, it’s advised that you remove it.
Even if you remove all third-party antivirus programs, your computer won’t be completely defenseless because Windows 10 uses Windows Defender as its own default antivirus program.
According to the users, Norton Internet Security, McAfee, and Avira are the common causes for this BSoD error, and if you want to fix it you’ll have to remove the aforementioned software.
We have to mention that uninstalling the antivirus software might not fix the problem, so you’ll have to use a dedicated removal tool.
If the Blue Screen of Death error is fixed after removing your antivirus, you can now reinstall it or you can switch to different antivirus software.
If removing your antivirus solves the problem, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution. We recommend you to use any of these best antiviruses for Windows 10.
4. Remove problematic software
The PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR BSoD can be caused by any software on your computer, therefore it’s crucial that you find and remove the problematic software.
If you installed or updated any application before this error started appearing, be sure to remove it and check if that fixes the error.
If you’re having problems with third-party applications, the best way to remove the problematic application is to use uninstaller software.
Unlike the regular uninstallation process, uninstaller software will remove all files and registry entries associated with the problematic app thus completely removing it from your PC.
In addition, this will also ensure that the leftover files don’t interfere with your system. The tool has a simple to use interface and it easily removes any appfrom your PC along with all of its files.
5. Update your drivers
Windows 10 requires drivers in order to recognize your hardware. If a specific driver is out of date you won’t be able to use that hardware, and you’ll get a BSoD error such as PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR.
Updating drivers is fairly simple, and you can do it simply by visiting your hardware manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your device.
Many users reported that Intel DPTF Manager driver was causing the issue. If you have this driver, we advise you to roll back to the previous version and check if that solves the problem.
Downloading all drivers manually can be a long and tedious process, therefore we strongly recommend you to use a tool that allows you to automatically update all your drivers.
6. Perform Windows 10 reset
- Restart your computer a few times during the boot sequence to start Automatic Repair.
- Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything. If you’re asked to insert Windows 10 installation media be sure to do that.
- Select Only the drive where Windows is installed > Just remove my files and click the Reset button.
- Follow the instructions and wait for reset process to complete.
Once the reset process is completed, check if your PC is stable. If the BSoD error appears again, it means that the issue is most likely caused by hardware.
If the PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen of Death error is caused by certain software, you can fix it by performing a Windows 10 reset.
Before you start Windows 10 reset you need to create a backup for all your important files. This procedure is similar to clean install, and it will delete all files from your C partition.
Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your Windows 10 PC? Check our guide in order to solve the error.
7. Check your hardware
PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen of Death error can be caused by your hardware, so be sure to check if your RAM is working properly since RAM is the common cause of these types of errors.
If your RAM is working properly, be sure to check other major components such as your motherboard, graphics card, hard drive, etc.
PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR error can cause certain problems, but it can be easily fixed by updating your drivers or by removing your antivirus software.
We hope that these recommendations from our list were helpful. For more suggestions, please access the comments section below.