Comodo Firewall is one of the most popular freemium solutions in the niche with the community of software aficionados and excellent features.
Now, even though it supports Windows 10, there seems to be a bag of issues and it looks like the collaboration between the two isn’t exactly at top-notch standards.
Some users reported minor bugs in Windows 10, while others weren’t able to run it in the first place.
Luckily, there’s a solution to this problem so make sure to check it out and you should be able to run Comodo in a sec.
Well, not exactly a sec, since it will take some time. But, nonetheless, the procedure we presented below should get you going.
Before we jump to the solutions, we’d like to make a recommendation that might come in as useful when you encounter problems with your current firewall.
Namely, we advise you to use Bitdefender, not just for the sake of change, but also to benefit from the fact that this antivirus has the firewall integrated in the antivirus, so you’ll avoid all unnecessary issues on that part.
Bitdefender is praised for the clean and accessible interface, great detection rates for the latest malware, and the low number of false positives compared to other antivirus programs.
Its performance, security-enhancing features, usability, and non-stop tech support are also amazing selling points.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
A next-gen antimalware protection with the least possible impact on your devices. Try it now!
How can I fix Comodo Firewall issues in Windows 10?
- In the Windows Search, type Control, and open Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program from the Category view.
- Navigate to Comodo, uninstall it, and restart your PC.
- Download Comodo uninstaller tool.
- Run the forced uninstaller tool to remove the registry entries and backlogs.
- Restart your PC again.
- Run the forced uninstaller again and let it double-check for remaining files.
Download the Comodo installer
- Once you’re certain that nothing left behind Comodo Firewall, download the installer.
- Run the installer, wait for the installation to complete and reboot your PC.
- In the Windows Search bar, type Control again, and open Control Panel.
- Click on the Comodo, but this time instead of Uninstall choose Modify.
- Uncheck the box beside the Comodo Antivirus and leave the box beside Comodo Firewall.
- Confirm changes and restart your PC.
Speaking of firewall software, if you’re planning to replace Comodo Firewall with another tool, this list of the best firewall software for Windows 10 may help you decide which one to install.
That should enable you to use Comodo Firewall just like on previous Windows iterations: in a seamless and enjoyable manner. If you have other suggestions or recommendations, please let us know in the comments section below.