Black Friday may be the best time to snag a new TV, buy some new winter outfits and get that donut maker you’ve been wanting — but it’s also a great time to stock up on beauty stocking stuffers for your friends.
Black Friday discounts tend to lean more toward techy items — computers, TVs, game sets — but that doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t find a good deal on beauty products.
As the ads hit your mailboxes, take a close look at when the deals will be offered. More often than not, beauty deals (like clothing deals) will last longer than just the wee doorbuster hours. So, you may just be able to get away with snatching up the best products earlier in the week… before the stampedes.
DealNews makes a few predictions this year regarding beauty and Black Friday:
- Free samples and free shipping reign supreme at stores like Kiehl’s
- Amazon rules the drugstore brands with their Lightning Deals — but they go fast
- Many companies are offering free shipping on fragrances
- Expect to see free shipping offers at The Body Shop and Burt’s Bees
Amazon already has deals going on! They have “Deals of the Week” that go quick, but they’re constantly updating deals as often as every five minutes. The deals will get better as Black Friday and Cyber Monday creep closer.
Bath and Body Works
While we don’t have the official ad yet, BBW always has their “Buy 3, Get 3” deals around Black Friday, but usually this promotion lasts longer than just Friday. Their website promises “something BIG is coming” for Black Friday, so we’ll be checking their website constantly between now and Thanksgiving. They’re also offering a VIP tote bag you can buy with a minimum purchase amount (most likely, it will cost $20 if you spend $40) with seven of their best products.
Although Groupon did not advertise many beauty deals in their Black Friday ad, you’ll probably be able to find more on the actual app and/or website. They do have some fun stuff going in their ad, however.
- 75 percent off Sonic Edge extended charge electric toothbrush (check the site for updates)
- 54 percent off Ultrasonic PureSpa aromatherapy diffusers (check the site for updates)
Shop Kohl’s Black Friday deals online now and earn $15 Kohl’s Cash when you spend $50. But be careful! The Kohl’s cash earned is redeemable only from Nov. 30 to Dec. 6. Black Friday deals are available in-store starting Thursday at 6 p.m.
- 10 to 20 percent off all fragrances for men and women
- Buy 1, get one for $1 on Bliss skincare and eyeliner
- $80 for Chi Air 1 inch classic tourmaline ceramic flat iron or the mini tapered wand (originally $100)
- 50 percent off PUR 5-piece best sellers kit
If you can only make it to one store for beauty deals — go to Macy’s. They, by far, have the most beauty promotions under one roof. Additionally, Macy’s is hosting a “Walk In & Win” event for Black Friday 2016, giving their die-hard shoppers a chance to win up to $1 million in gift codes and prizes. Check out al the details at www.macys.com/win. The doorbuster deals listed below are first come, first serve, starting at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 24, but you can shop deals online now.
$10 Doorbuster deals:
- Clinique “A Little Bit of Happiness” perfume set (originally $20)
- Macy’s travel brush set (originally $15)
- Impulse small beauty palette (originally $15)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick (originally $20)
Other doorbusters we love:
- $18 Urban Decay shadow box eyeshadow palette (originally $34)
- $48 Lancôme Auda[city] in Paris eyeshado palette (originally $69)
- $25 Laura Mercier “Twist and Pout” 2-piece lip set (originally $48)
- $20 Stila 3-piece beauty bundles color set (originally $55)
- $12 Philosphy 2-piece “Frosted Fantasies” set
- $15 Benefit 3-piece “Beauty Blowout” set (originally $43)
- $10 Bare Escentuals bareMinerals 3-pice “All is Bright” lip and face set (originally $37)
OK, so Target may not have the most beauty specials this year, but the ones they have are pretty decent. And keep your eyes open for coupons you can use on top of Black Friday deals. Their “Early Access” event is also going online right now. Doors open at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
- $8 e.l.f. holiday sets
- 50 percent off Philips Sonicare 2 series electric toothbrush
- 30 percent off all men’s and women’s designer fragrances
The Body Shop
The Body Shop has great Black Friday week sales going on right now, and will also usually offer a $35 tote with any $33 purchased filled with a ton of yummy products valued at $145. Their full ad isn’t out yet, but we know they’ll have their famous 3 for $33 deal.
Sephora likes to keep things super VIP and hush-hush, so you have to download the Sephora app on your smartphone to get a full preview of all their Black Friday deals.
Black Friday beauty busters start online Thursday at 5 p.m. central time and in stores Thursday at 6 p.m. local time (some store hours may vary).
- $10 Bareminerals kits
- $75 each for limited edition Ultra CHI precious metals styling tools (originally $150 each)
- $9 for select Sexy Hair top sellers
- $8 select TIGI combos
- $10 Urban Decay “Big Fatty” mascara (originally $20)
- $10 Ecotools best sellers collection (originally $20)
- $8 Pacifica deluxe travel set (originally $14)
- $12 Philosophy 3-in-1 shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath (originally $18)
The VS sale is on now through November 30. Beauty goodies include:
- Buy 1, get 1 beauty accessories and gift sets
- $25 eau de perfum
Walgreens has some good deals this year, but you have to have their Walgreens Balance Rewards card. It’s free, you just have to sign up for it (and it’s not another credit card, hooray!). Ideally, you’ll want to have the card ready to go to save you time on the day of.
- 50 percent off select designer fragrances
- $10 luxury bath gift sets
- 5 for $5 SinfulColors nail polish
- $1 Hask haircare masks and treatments
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.