The AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds feature modern touch controls to use, Bluetooth 5, and a USB-C charging case. To know more about these budget-friendly wireless earbuds, keep reading.
What comes in the box
- AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds
- Charging case
- Ear tips in 3 different sizes
- Quick start manual.
- Instruction Manual.
Design & Comfort
When looking at the design of the AUKEY EP-T28 earbuds, they seem similar to the Airpods as each earbud features a stem. Right behind these earbuds is where the controls are situated.
They come with small, medium, and large ear caps to allow you a painless and secure fit. A snug fit and comfortable wear are what you get with these as long as you choose the right size of ear tips.
The charging case has a brilliant sleek look with a glossy finish. It can easily be stored inside a pocket and also features 4 LED lights under the AUKEY logo to reveal the power status. Under the case is where the USB-C charge port is located.
Both the charging and the earbuds have a modern yet very elegant design.
The AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds provide about 5 hours of listening time. Additionally, the charging case has the ability to charge these earbuds a total of 4 times, providing an extra 20 hours of playtime.
The good thing about this case is that its lid is magnetic in order to to keep the earbuds safe and protected.
These earbuds charge quite fast and all they need is about 1.5 hours to charge fully. Not to mention, the charging case of these earbuds is quite well-made and is the perfect size to put away in your pocket and carry around with you always.
To talk about the sound quality, it is clear and there is abundant bass as well as impressive highs. The max volume on these buds is not high enough. But, they are good for their price.
The mic does a good job of providing clear call quality. It also prevents some of the noises of the outside from going across to the other side.
Equipped with Bluetooth 5, these earbuds offer a good enough range, about 10m. And, there is no latency when these are used for videos. These earbuds can also be used individually.
Connecting these is quite simple. Pull them out of the case and they power on and start pairing.
You’ll find simple touch controls on the back of each wireless earbud. Using them is pretty easy:
- Tapping any one of the earbuds will allow you to answer or cancel a phone call.
- To play or pause your music, you can tap either earbud twice.
- You can reject a phone call by tapping and holding either bud for 2 seconds.
- Three taps on any one of the buds will activate Voice Assistant.
- To move to the next track, you can tap the right earbud and hold for 2 seconds.
- For the last track, tap the left earbud and hold for 2 seconds.
These EP-T28 earbuds are IPX5 waterproof, this allows you to make use of these even during extreme workouts with no chance of these getting ruined.
ANC ( Active Noise Canceling Technology)
You do not get Active Noise Canceling Technology but the passive noise-isolation is present. The right size of ear tips helps create a seal in the ear canal to achieve this.
- Mono mode
- IPX5 waterproof
- Bluetooth 5 technology
- Touch Controls
Watch Sean Talks Tech‘s video review of the AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds.
Aukey’s brand credibility is unchanged since our last review of their EP-T21, EP-T25, and EP-N5 True Wireless Earbuds.
Aukey is pretty well-known for its true wireless earbuds, which are both highly affordable and give good value for the money. But, these are not the only audio products this brand carries. Aukey also has headphones, speakers as well as keyboards, mobile lenses, USB cables, etc on its Amazon store.
Quality & Materials Used
The EP-T28 earbuds are ergonomically designed. The buds and their charging case are plastic-made. The case has an awesome clean and sophisticated design. It looks decent quality however it gets dirty easily and attracts fingerprints and marks.
At the time of this review, the AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds cost $39.99.
Pros & Cons
- The AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds come with a bargain-friendly price tag.
- They come with a USB type C charging case.
- Either one of these earbuds can be used separately.
- These earbuds are certified IPX5 waterproof.
- The case is quick charging and is compact in size.
- Convenient touch controls are present on each earbud to work each function.
- Minimal and well-designed earbuds and case.
- The sound quality is satisfactory.
- There seem to be no volume controls on the earbuds.
- The charging case can get scratchy pretty quickly.
The AUKEY EP-T28 True Wireless Earbuds perform nicely which is not unexpected as AUKEY is known mostly for its affordable yet good quality wireless earbuds. These earbuds are, overall, worth a purchase given that these cost under $50.
Read our most recent reviews.
Kissral Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds Review
Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Plus True Wireless Earbuds Review 2021
TOZO NC9 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds Review
AUKEY EP-T25 True Wireless Earbuds Review
Urbanista Stockholm True Wireless Earbuds Review