If you love to shop on Amazon, there are plenty of easy ways to help you save money and time.
From discounts and deals to little-known perks and sign up bonus, you’ll discover some of the best Amazon Hacks and Amazon Prime discounts and tips that you definitely need to take advantage of today!
Best Amazon Hacks
Here are some of the best Amazon.com hacks and tips that can make your online shopping a lot better and cheaper:
1. Get Amazon Prime for Free (for 30 Days)
Here are the best Amazon Prime perks that you can take advantage of for free for 30 days:
- Instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes
- Unlimited streaming to millions of sings with Prime Music
- Borrow Kindle books
- Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)
- Get unlimited Free one-day shipping (where applicable)
- Free 2-hour delivery on groceries, gifts, and more
- Get Free Access to The Washing Post
- Prime Early Access (Shop deals first)
- Free unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos
- And so much more!
2. Get a Discount When You Subscribe & Save
If you ever find yourself buying a certain product often whether if it’s weekly, bi-week, monthly, etc, you can actually save up to 15% just by using Amazon’s Subscribe & Save service. Plus, it’s FREE.
All you have to do is…
- Select and item to subscribe to.
- Set how many items you want delivered and how often
- Then click “Subscribe Now”
3. Get a Refund on TVs if the Price Drops
One of the worst feelings is buying a brand new TV only to find out that Amazon set the price 30% cheaper two weeks later.
Thankfully there’s a way to help you get that money refunded, thanks to the TV Low Price Guarantee.
Basically this means that if you bought any TV sold by Amazon but a competitor is selling it at a lower, you’ll get refunded the difference as long as it occurs within 30 days.
All you need to do is check out this page, find your TV order, contact Amazon and they’ll refund you the difference in price on an Amazon.com gift card.
4. Convert Old Gift Cards in Amazon Gift Cards
Do you have any old prepaid gift cards (like those Visa or American Express ones) with $3.78 left on it?
If so, you should consider converting those gift cards with low balances into Amazon gift cards. Here’s how:
- First, check the prepaid gift card balance.
- Then log into Amazon and then head on over to an email or eGift Card by clicking here.
- Enter the exact amount of the gift card in the section titled “Enter amount”
- Use your prepaid gift card to purchase it.
- Then check your email and click on “Apply Gift Card to Your Account” in the “Your Account” section of the site
It’s that easy!
5. Sign Up for Ebates and Get Up to 7% Cash Back on Purchases
Ebates is by far one of the best online shopping rebate sites around.
You can literally get up to 40% cash back on almost everything you buy at over 2,000 stores.
Now when you use Ebates and Amazon together you can get up to 3-7% cash back on your purchase.
- Fire Tablets
- Outdoor Recreation
- Women’s Shoes
- Men’s Shoes
- Kid’s Shoes
- Sports and Fitness
- Home Services
Plus, when you click here, you’ll get $10 cash back after your first order!
6. Track Product Price Drops with CamelCamelCamel
CamelCamelCamel is a great way to track Amazon price drops by alerting you whenever a product that you’re keeping an eye on lowers its price.
You can even see any product’s pricing history to see if the price has been increasing or decreasing over the past few days, weeks, or months.
And there’s even a browser extension for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox that way you can easily add items that you want to track and get alerts for any price drops.
7. Get Textbooks Cheaper When You Buy from International Amazon.com Sites
Believe it or not, it can actually be cheaper to by English books from different international Amazon sites thanks to this cool website called Cheap River.
Cheap River searches Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, and Amazon.co.uk to find the cheapest books for you.
Plus once you see this pricing, the shipping and delivery costs are already calculated for you.
8. Don’t Overlook the Third Party Sellers
Products fulfilled by Amazon that are sold by third party sellers can actually be a lot cheaper than the ones sold and listed by Amazon.
The only hard part about this is if the product is back-ordered, Amazon will bury the cheapest listing in it’s third-party list especially if the price is cheaper than what Amazon offers.
9. Avoid Sales Tax by Purchasing from Third Parties
If you live in one of these states then you’ll have to pay a “sales” tax on your Amazon orders.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- South Carolina
- Washington State
In order to avoid this sales tax, you should consider buying your product from a third-party that’s now located in one of the states above.
10. Use this Hack to Get Add-On Items Without Spending $25
This is a very interesting Amazon hack that I learned from Ben’s Bargains.
So basically an Amazon items listed as “Add-On” items are usually things that Amazon will lose money if they shop separately because they’re so inexpensive.
That’s why you need to spend at least $25 in order to buy these items and get free shipping.
However, there is a way around this – preorder products.
When you preorder a product on Amazon, you actually aren’t going to be charged for it until it ships.
So all you have to do is find a product that you want to preorder like a video game, movie, or book, add it to the cart with your Add-On item and boom, you can buy it.
Then once the Add-On item ship just cancel the preorder product.
11. If Your Product Shipment is Delayed, Ask for a Replacement (Or Other Benefits)
Amazon is great when it comes to reimbursing you for lost of delayed products.
For example, if you ordered a product but it was never delivered or the time frame is longer than what you selected, you can actually contact Amazon and they’ll give you a shipping upgrade.
And if the product is lost or can’t be found, Amazon will next-day ship you a replacement order.
12. Use Amazon Kids’s Birthdays to Give Family and Friends Gift Ideas
Using Amazon Kid’s Birthdays is a great way to give your family and friends personalized gift ideas for your kids.
When you use this free Amazon list service, all you have to do is add your kids, build gift/presents lists with your recommendations, and share it to any friends and family members.
Get started with Kid’s Birthday’s here.
13. Find Anyone’s Amazon Wishlist
If you ever wanted to surprise someone with a gift from their Amazon Wishlist or Registry, you can actually find it here on Amazon, if it’s public.
14. Sign Up for Amazon Smile
When you sign up for AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to to a charitable organization of your choice.
Plus it doesn’t cost you anything.
All in all, it’s for a great cause!
15. Get a $5 Credit Just For Using the Amazon.com App
Did you know that Amazon will actually pay you $5 just for downloading their app for the first time?
It’s true. All you you have to do is click on this link below and sign in to the Amazon app for the first time!
Plus, you can start making $5 just for referring friends!
- Just go to “Your Account” in the app
- Scroll down to “Personalized content”
- Click on “Invite Friends”
- And then share your link!
16. Get Deep Discounts and Deals on Open Box- and Pre-Owned Products
With Amazon Warehouse Deals, you can get super low prices on open-box and used products from across Amazon.
Product conditions can range from acceptable, good, very good, and like new.
So if you’re fine with pre-owned or open boxes products at a discount, then Warehouse Deals is for you!
Best Amazon Prime Discounts and Hacks
Here are the best Amazon Prime discounts, hacks, and perks that you must take advantage of:
17. Opt for “FREE No-Rush” Shipping and Still Get it in 2 Days
If you ever purchase products on Amazon and you’ve probably seen that option below the Free Two Day shipping called “FREE No-Rush Shipping” which usually gives you a $1 credit for Kindle eBooks, Amazon Instant Videos, Digital Music, Appstores, software, and more.
The kicker is that this package will arrive in 5 business days which sometimes just isn’t acceptable.
But did you know that you can still get that package in 2 days? Here’s how:
- If your purchase contains 2 or more items, make separate orders.
- Then purchase the item (or multiple items) using the FREE No-Rush Shipping option.
- Then for your last product, make sure to choose the FREE Two Day Shipping option.
- Chances are Amazon will group those products together and ship them in the same box and they’ll arrive in 2 days.
You’ll get free 2 day shipping and some nice credits.
18. Shipment Didn’t Arrive in 2 Days? Ask for a Free Month of Prime
Sometimes your package won’t arrive in 2 days so if that’s the case, be sure to contact Amazon customer service and they’ll usually give you a free month of Prime.
The same goes for any lost packages.
19. Upload Unlimited Photos and Files with Amazon Drive for Free
This means that you can upload and store unlimited photos, and and up to 5 GB of videos and files for FREE.
The normal cost by itself is $59.99 a year so this is a great Amazon Prime perk that you should consider especially if you’re someone that uses Dropbox.
20. Pregnant and Expecting a Baby? Get Amazon Family for Free
Here what you’ll get with Amazon Family (previously Amazon Mom):
- Save 20% on diaper subscriptions
- Access to exclusive family oriented offers, coupons, and age based recommendations
- Unlimited access to 10,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games with FreeTime Unlimited.
- 15% Baby Registry completion discount
21. Take Advantage of Amazon’s Netflix Rival
Amazon Prime Video is a great alternative to Netflix which features movies, tv shows, and Amazon exclusives and original series.
The best part is that it comes with your Prime Membership, saving you at least $108 from a Netflix subscription.
22. Take Advantage of Amazon’s Spotify Rival
Amazon has a pretty good Spotify and Apple Music Rival, called Prime Music.
And the best thing about it is that it’s the only music streaming service that comes with free 2-day shipping 🙂
Here’s what you get with a Prime Music membership:
- Unlimited on-demand music streaming to millions of songs, all AD-FREE
- Plus you can listen download all the songs you love on Prime Music and store them on your mobile device which is perfect for offline listening on planes, trains, or anywhere without an internet connection.
23. Share Your Amazon Prime Account with Someone in Your Household
You can actually share your Amazon Prime account and benefit with your entire household thanks for Amazon Household.
With Amazon Household, you can share you digital content through your family library including music, books, apps, games, and so much more.
Plus you’ll get all the benefits of Prime.
Learn more about Amazon Household here.
24. Get the Amazon.com Store Card
As an Amazon Prime member, you can get 5% cash back every day on Amazon.com purchases with the Amazon Prime Store Card.
Plus there’s no annual fee!
And if you’re looking for a way to save some money on groceries, this is a pretty good card for cash back on groceries.
25. Get Groceries Delivered to Your Home
As a Prime member you can get low-priced everyday essentials delivered to your home with Prime Pantry.
It’s literally a great way to shop without having to buy in bulk while still saving money and time.
The only downside is that it costs $5.99 a box.
But if you’re okay with paying for convenience, this is a great way to make grocery shopping a little bit easier.
26. Prime Members Can Receive Exclusive Discounts and Pricing
Amazon will actually offer up new Amazon products and hardware to Prime members at ridiculous discounts.
For example, the Amazon Echo, which costs $199, was offered to Prime members for only $99 before it was officially released. The same went for the Fire TV and other products.
27. Are You a College Student? If So, Get Prime for FREE
Did you know that there’s an Amazon Prime student discount?
You’ll get all the benefits of Prime for Free including:
- Free two day shipping
- Amazon Prime Video
- Amazon Music
- Prime Photos
- And more!
Sign up for Amazon Prime Student here.
Have any more Amazon Prime discounts and Amazon hacks?
If so, let us know by leaving a comment below.
(This post contains affiliate links which means that we’ll make a small commission from any of your purchases at no additional costs to you.