Amazon Prime Day tips, deals and hacks for parents and kids, teachers, and homeschooling. We’ll give you unique tips, including when does Amazon Prime Day start this year and Amazon Prime Day early deals for extra savings on your online shopping orders!
AMAZON PRIME DAY TIPS AND TRICKS
Before we get to the Amazon Prime Day shopping tips and the 2021 Prime Day date, let’s cover some basics…
What’s Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon markets Amazon Prime Day as its “2-day parade of epic deals.” While Amazon deals are usually pretty good, on Prime Day you can definitely find deep savings on a wide variety of items for homeschooling, learning, and home!
But, do I really want to commit two days of refreshing an Amazon screen waiting for to save a few bucks?
I mean, I’m all for good sales on stuff I can use for home school, or early Christmas shopping, or home products, or kids’ toys.
Bus… are Prime Day Deals really that good?
(The answer is YES, by the way…)
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Amazon Prime Day 2020 was in October (but the previous Prime Days were in July). The dates for Amazon Prime Day 2021 have been announced!
*Amazon has confirmed that Prime Day 2021 is June 21 and June 22, 2021.
So, if you’re wondering Amazon Prime Day when will it be? Mark your calendars for Prime Day in June!
However, don’t let that stop you from looking at deals and getting ready to shop!
You can still prepare NOW for AMAZON PRIME DAY 2021!
If you’re ready NOW to get to Prime Day deals so you can start making your list, here are our favorite picks from previous years.
BE SURE TO SAVE THESE LINKS SO YOU CAN GO RIGHT TO THEM WHEN THE SALE STARTS! (We’ll update the discounts when we have them!)
WANT TO GET RIGHT TO OUR FAVORITE PRIME DAY DEALS?
► AmScope Microscopes for Kids
► Taco vs. Burrito Game
► Fire Tablets
► Arts & Crafts sets for kids
► Kindle Kids Edition
► 12 Month Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership
► Instant Pot Products and Air Fryers
► STEM toys and building sets
► Exploding Kittens Game
Don’t forget to check back! We’ll update with Amazon Prime Day upcoming deals soon!
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
- Make sure that you are signed up for an Amazon Prime account (or on a free trial).
- Prepare ahead of time by bookmarking the shopping links in this post that interest you so you don’t miss any sales.
- On the Amazon Prime dates, log into your Amazon Prime Account.
- Check this page for any deals that you can’t miss and shop Amazon Prime Day sales.
- Purchase the discounted items!
AMAZON PRIME DAY INFORMATION
In this post I’ll cover:
- What is Amazon Prime Day?
- When is Amazon Prime Day?
- The Most Important Thing To Do RIGHT NOW In Order To Get Prime Day Deals
- How To Get Prime Day Deals Without Paying For A Prime Membership
- Best Deals for Amazon Prime Day
- What’s On Sale BEFORE Prime Day
- Deals That Homeschoolers and Teachers Can Use
- Direct Links for Prime Day Deals (So You Don’t Miss Anything!)
- How To Prepare EARLY To Get What You Need (And NOT Waste Time and Money)
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is legit like Christmas in July or summer’s version of Black Friday. It’s when Amazon does a huge blow out sale and deep discounts on a large variety of items.
Benefits of Amazon Prime Day
What is the advantage of Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day includes:
- Sales on Amazon products like Kindle tablets, Echo and more
- Deals in Electronics
- Amazon Exclusive Offers
- Prime Day Launches
- Prime Day Giveaways
And much, much more!
But —and this is important!— Prime Day deals are exclusively for Amazon Prime Members.
This is what allows you to get an Amazon Prime Day membership discount!
ENTER: Amazon Prime Free Trial
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime Member, you’ll want to sign up before Prime Day in order to take advantage of the extra savings. You can get an Amazon Prime 30 day trial for FREE!
Here’s one of my favorite tips for Amazon Prime Day if you’re not already a member…
How To Get Prime Day Deals Without Paying For A Prime Membership
If you decide to keep the Amazon Prime membership after the trial and enjoy the benefits all year long, it’s around $13/month.
Is Amazon Prime membership worth it?
We’ve been Amazon Prime Members for a few years now and find it well worth it for our family.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a Prime Member:
- Free 2-day shipping
- Free same day shipping
- Prime member exclusive discounts
- Free unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes
- Free unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than two million songs
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Discounted prime channels like HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ without a subscription/cable commitment
- Discounts from Whole Foods Market
- Prime Wardrobe try before you buy on eligible clothing
- Prime Reading to borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android
- Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Amazon First Reads picks & MORE!
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Bookmark this post! Amazon Prime Day is June 21-22, 2021.
When does Amazon Prime Day end?
When is Amazon Prime Day over? It is two full days, or 48 hours, of sales and discounts. However, if you have an Alexa or Echo Dot, you can get early Amazon Prime Day deals starting on June 18th.
Best Deals on Amazon Prime Day
The absolute best deals that you are going to get during Amazon Prime Day are with Amazon products.
(All those products are great for homeschooling, btw! We use them frequently for homeschooling resources.)
Amazon also usually has “the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices.”
This doesn’t mean that there won’t be amazing sales on other items (HELLOOOO INSTANT POT!), but you can count on great deals with Amazon specific products.
(Most of it is kind of a surprise until the sale starts!)
PRIME DAY HACK: Watch for Blue!
►Prime Day Deals all have a BLUE BADGE. So watch for that for savings.
PRIME DAY HACK: Ask Alexa!
►Have an Alexa device? Just ask it, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day Deals?” to hear some deals. You can usually start this the night before Prime Day, at midnight, but in 2021, they are are starting early Prime Day Deals through Alexa on June 18th.
PRIME DAY HACK: Clip the Coupons!
►Check the Prime Coupons for even more savings. GO HERE TO SEE/CLIP THE COUPONS!
PRIME DAY HACK: Join Amazon Prime Day Sweepstakes to Win Stuff!
►Get in on the AMAZON PRIME DAY SWEEPSTAKES for Amazon Prime Day 2021! GO HERE TO LEARN MORE
2021 Early Amazon Prime Day Deals & 2021 Prime Day Sales
Amazon releases early sales for Amazon Prime Day that you can take advantage of BEFORE the official Prime Day dates.
AND, there are usually some great educational tools for homeschooling, school, learning.
Some of these deals will end BEFORE the Amazon Prime Day sale begins!
Here are some Early Prime Day deals that may interest you for home, homeschooling and more.
We’ve also included some sales that have been released for the Prime Days, so bookmark those so you have them when the sales start!
These were the Early Amazon Prime Day deals 2020, just to give you an idea. I’ll update 2021 early Prime Day Sales and Amazon Prime Day prices when they are released.
SEE ALL THE AMAZON DEVICE EARLY DEALS RIGHT NOW! (Fire TVs, Echo Dots, Echo Show, Fire Stick, Kids Fire Tablets & MORE!)
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Amazon Kids+ (97% OFF)
Amazon Kids+, formerly FreeTime Unlimited, gives you unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, games and more for ages 3-12.
During the early Prime Day Deal, you can get 97% OFF the family plan for 3 months for up to 4 kids!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: ONLY .99 CENTS FOR 3 MONTHS!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Echo Show 8 (38% OFF)
The Echo Show 8 (2nd generation) has a smart display with Alexa and video calling. You can also watch shows, cook along with videos, voice connect and control your other devices and more!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: CHECK IT OUT NOW
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Echo Dot 25% OFF NOW! (Early Prime Day Deal)
4th Generation Echo Dot
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: 50% OFF Twitch
Save 50% on your first Twitch channel and get 50% off Twitch merch!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEAL: Kids’ Kindle Fire HD 8 Tablet (30% OFF)
Buy two Kindle Fire Tablets for kids and get 30% OFF!
PRIME DAY DEALS: Subscription Boxes and Discovery Boxes (UP TO 50% OFF)
Subscription boxes and discovery boxes are a great learning tool for homeschooling.
(We use several subscription boxes to supplement science and geography!)
With Prime deals, you can try some of these subscription learning (and toy!) boxes for as much as 50% OFF, which some of them less than $5 to try the first month!
You can cancel anytime (yes, even after that $5 box!) and don’t have to commit to a full subscription.
You can read a comparison of some of our favorite affordable subscription boxes here.
EARLY PRIME DAY DEALS: Audible Premium Membership (53% on first 4 months)
We recently signed up for Audible and have enjoyed so many audio books. If your kids aren’t interested in reading or struggle with written words, audio books are fantastic to supplement their learning!
EARLY PRIME DAY DEALS: Off To College (Up To 20% OFF)
“Off to College” items and dorm supplies are up to 20% OFF during Early Prime Deals.
You should definitely check them out because there are things in there you can use for homeschooling and your homeschool classroom area, too!
Need ideas? Head over here: College Dorm Rooms: Essentials and Ideas
PRIME DAY DEAL: Fire TV Edition Smart TVs (Deal Discount Coming Soon)
MORE DURING PRIME DAY
Once Prime Day starts, there will be MANY more deals (that aren’t announced yet!).
Here are helpful links to take you directly to the Prime Day Deals categories – be sure to bookmark them so you can go straight to the category when the sales start!
(You can scope out some of the stuff that may be going on sale if you click on the category link! Make your list early!)
BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATED LINKS YOU’RE INTERESTED IN SO YOU DON’T MISS ANYTHING ONCE PRIME DAY STARTS!
✅ Prime Day Deals on Electronics (Including Amazon Prime Day TV Deals)
AMAZON PRIME DAY TIPS
- If you’re not a Prime Member already, sign up for the FREE trial BEFORE PRIME DAY.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFOREHAND. If you know that you want a microscope, do your research on them and take notes on the ones you want to watch when the Prime Day sales start. We have comprehensive posts that can help you make decisions on these products BEFORE the sale starts:
- laptops (be sure to check this post FIRST if you’re looking for amazon prime day laptop deals!)
- camping gear,
- hiking gear,
- OSMO game system,
- subscription boxes,
- Nintendo Switch
- Be sure to check out the early deals (some listed above). If you see a deal you like, now’s the time to get it.
- Amazon Prime Deals are limited. So for many, once they’re sold out, it’s gone! For real, if you see a deal you want, don’t wait too long before you make a decision.
- Join us on Facebook where I’ll be sharing any great deals I find for homeschooling all day on Monday and Tuesday so you don’t need to waste time refreshing your page for deals!